About Our University
University of Computer Studies (Magway) was founded as Government Computer College, adjoining to the office of Union Solidarity and Development Association, Magway Division on 4 September 2000. And then, it was transferred to Ayemyathayar Village, Nankakyun Track, North-East of Myathalun Pagoda on 6 October 2001. In 20 January 2007, GCE was upgraded to University level. After that, it was moved to new three-storey building on 23 April 2013.
UCS (Magway) is now situated between mile posts (325/2) and (325/5) on Magway-Taungdwingyi Road. It covers (1650-ft) in front, (1320-ft) wide and (2178000-sqft) on 50 acres of field No.(1660), Magyikan Village, Magway Township.
The maximum number of students who can be allowed to study at this new three- storey building is 1000. Total number of graduated students from 2000 till now is 2998. Now, 671 undergraduate students and 22 post-graduate students are studying computer science and computer technology subjects at the University.
University of Computer Studies (Magway)